Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: data center consolidation
Labor Department Deputy CIO Dawn Leaf joins Federal News Radio for an online chat to discuss her priorities around IT modernization, data center consolidation and cybersecurity.
The Pentagon's main IT provider shuttered its large data center in Huntsville, Alabama. in May, leaving only 10 of its large Defense Enterprise Computing Centers in its inventory. The mission of those remaining DECCs, however, is growing, not shrinking.
IBM wins first contract in Navy's new "tiered" approach to data center consolidation. The service plans to award several more contracts between now and the end of fiscal 2014.
Ken Parent and Manny Mencia of ByteGrid, will discuss how their company can help your agency secure and protect its data.
May 20, 2014
Tags: technology , Ken Parent , Manny Mencia , ByteGrid , wholesale data center , multi-tenant data center , IaaS , data center outsourcing , hybrid cloud , FISMA compliant , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
The Army plans to release guidance by the end of March to transition vast repositories of data and processing capacity from Army-owned systems to joint DoD facilities by 2018. The service is on track to close 200 centers by 2015.
Bernie Mazer, the Interior Department's chief information officer, said among his top priorities are data center consolidation, cloud hosting, cybersecurity and strategic sourcing. He said the goal is to let the bureau level IT executives focus on mission and not worry about commodity IT.
December 12, 2013
For Casey Coleman, CIO of the General Services Administration, IT consolidations have netted big savings and allowed the agency to move in a more strategic direction. Meanwhile, Joe Klimavicz, the CIO of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, says wider adoption of shared services can help agencies cut back on operations-and-maintenance IT spending to free up more cash for mission-specific tech initiatives.
Listen Thursday, October 3rd @ 12pm EST
Program will discuss the following: Progress Report on Data Center Consolidation during these tough budget times, How Does Cloud Computing & Managed Services Get Factored into your Strategy, Other Than Funding-What are other Major Challenges to Achieving their Goals, How Is Security addressed in a Consolidated Environment, and A Future Vision for the next 1 to 3 years
Ed Dorris, the CIO of the Comptroller of the Currency, said he evaluates IT policies, tools and procedures to ensure employees have a "hassle-free" IT environment.
October 3, 2013
Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel is testifying this morning before the House Oversight and Government Reform subcommittee on the progress of several IT reform initiatives. He says agencies are on track to close or consolidate more than 850 data centers in 2013.
Tags: technology , Steve VanRoekel , OMB , John Mica , Gerry Connolly , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , GSA , Dave McClure , GAO , Dave Powner , PortfolioStat , IT consolidation , Jason Miller