Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: data analytics
Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller joins host Mark Amtower to talk about a number of Federal IT issues.
December 9, 2013
Tags: acquistion , contracting , technology , federal IT , information technology , cloud computing , cybersecurity , IT acquisition , continuous monitoring , mobile technology , big data , shared services , FITARA , Jason Miller , Federal News Radio , Ask the CIO , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center , BYOD
Federal News Radio partnered with Govini, a government market research firm, to examine how sequestration has impacted the number of contracts being awarded, delayed, and cancelled by the government. View our data.
Phil Kemelor, senior manager, Enterprise Intelligence for Digitial Analytics at Ernst and Young, talks about how digital analytics can help you track website performance at your agency.
June 25, 2013
A new Federal News Radio survey finds agency financial managers have moved up to the next level and are using information and performance metrics to inform their decision making. Respondents say they are finding ways to use data to find efficiencies. Workforce training, retaining and hiring are among their top priorities. The survey is part of Federal News Radio's special report, Rise of the Money People.
Federal chief financial officers have more foresight, insight and hindsight than ever before to make better decisions. But just as important as having these wide-ranging sight lines is how they are being translated down to the program level. Experts say agencies are slowly heading down the path of using data to make better decisions.
Tags: management , financial management , Danny Werfel , OMB , Grant Thornton , Deloitte , Doug Criscitello , Vincent Dennis , GSA , FEMA , Treasury , data sharing , Rise of the Money People , Jason Miller
Kim McCoy, the bureau's chief information officer, said she's looking at how best to pre-position resources to get new agency financial management customers on board more quickly.
April 11, 2013
Bryan Jones, the director of the Counter Measures and Performance Evaluation (CAPE) team in the U.S. Postal Service's Office of the Inspector General, said the development of a dashboard to help investigators visualize data more easily helped overcome initial resistance to these kinds of tools.
March 28, 2013
A new report from the Partnership for Public Service and the IBM Center for the Business of Government says data analytics could transform federal management much the way the proliferation of smartphones and mobile technology has reshaped society at large. But that will require a full-scale culture change at agencies, with both managers and rank-and-file employees willing to sign on.
Gino Magnifico, the ACC's chief information officer, said his component is helping to lead an Armywide effort to develop a new contract writing system. It's not just a technology refresh, however. It's about improving the business processes.
September 6, 2012
Stephen Sossei, a consultant with the Association for Government Accountants spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about a recent AGA report on how well agencies were implementing data analytics.