Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: cybersecurity udpate
The Democratic Party platform, released Tuesday, is short on specifics about the federal workforce, particularly relating to federal pay or the size of the federal workforce. However, the platform does cite President Barack Obama's efforts to pare back overly burdensome regulations and his proposed consolidation of federal agencies. "President Obama and the Democrats are committed to rethinking, reforming, and remaking our government so that it can meet the challenges of our time," the authors of the platform wrote.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology has released a new draft of its biometric identification standards.
The Cybersecurity Technologies Research Lab's goals include building the scientific foundation for cybersecurity research, developing critical relationships and testing solutions in real-world situations.
A Heritage Foundation report said of all the cybersecurity bills before Congress right now, the most important issue is the government would regulate activities in both the public and private sector.
The committee charged with assuring cloud computing services meet federal cyber standards under the FedRAMP program will have seven broad responsibilities.
Arbor Networks surveyed 114 large organizations. It found that last year, 90 percent experienced one denial of service attack every month. A few experienced 50 attacks per month.
The FBI says a former contract employee at the Federal Reserve Bank stole a software property code to a $9.5 million program.
Homeland Security Computer Emergency Response Team is warning government agencies about a new variant of the keystroke-logging "Zeus" virus.
The White House on Thursday is expected to unveil its proposal to enhance the nation's cybersecurity, laying out plans to require industry to better protect systems that run critical infrastructure like the electrical grid, financial systems and nuclear power plants.