Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: cybersecurity
This week's guest: Greg Rattray, principal at Delta Risk LLC and security advisor to ICANN.
May 27, 2010
Scientist claims to be the first human infected with a computer virus
When it comes to securing the nation's cybersecurity infrastructure, how do federal officials think of the future? One of the top cybersecurity officials at the Department of Homeland Security weighed in on the topic at the ISC2 SecureAmericas conference yesterday.
It could be a small win in the fight against malicious botnets. An Internet service provider known for hosting command and control channels for the Zeus botnet has been knocked offline. Media reports say the company was based in Russia. The take-down happened when the firm's upstream service provider shut down it's connection. It's unclear, however, what effect the move might have as, often, hackers who run botnets will move to other service providers.
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
DHS is leading the effort to rework cybersecurity metrics around patch, configuration, vulnerability and inventory management. Justice plans to host an industry day in June to tell vendors how cyberscope works. NIST will issue new cyber publications and GSA plans on new RFP for situational awareness and incident response tools.
Tags: technology , Matt Coose , Marianne Swanson , DHS , Justice , GSA , NIST , OMB , FISMA , Cyberscope , SmartBUY , situational awareness and incident response tools , Management of Change , Jason Miller
Learn more in today's cybersecurity update.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
Business continuity, not data breaches, among top concerns for tech firms; Typhoid adware is the newest cyberthreat
Special Agent Thomas Williamson is recognized by Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt.