Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: cyber coordinator
Deputy secretaries now get quarterly scorecards on how their agency is meeting four IT security priorities, including continuous monitoring of agency networks and secure identity cards. Howard Schmidt, the White House cyber coordinator, said the goal is to increase accountability and make sure agencies are putting enough focus on these areas. Schmidt said he is also developing priorities for 2012, which includes getting cybersecurity legislation passed.
Tags: technology , management , cybersecurity , Howard Schmidt , Jacob Olcott , OMB , DHS , TIC , secure identity cards , HSPD-12 , Continuous monitoring , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , Jason Miller , CyberStat , Good Harbor Consulting
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
Painter came to the White House 'shortly' after Hathaway left. He has been the deputy assistant director in the FBI's cyber crime division.
New strategy among first cybersecurity efforts being addressed after 60-day review. Hathaway says cyber coordinator could be announced in a matter of weeks.