Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: cyber attacks
USCYBERCOM, according to testimony before Congress, is working on several elements to defend against cyber attacks. Those elements include tactics, techniques, and procedures, as well as policies and organizations. Officials say that also means turning plans into doctrine and training - and building a system that our Combatant Commanders can think, plan, and integrate cyber capabilities as they would capabilities in the air, land and sea domains. Cyber is different from all of them because it's mostly invisible.
Three universities will share an $800-thousand dollar grant from FEMA. The money will be used to help the U.S. better prepare for cyber attacks.
Jerry Davis, who served as the VA's chief information security officer until February 2013, testified at a House subcommittee hearing that the VA became aware of the computer hacking in March 2010 and that attacks continue "to this very day."
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts discuss the cyber attack on Federal News Radio and WTOP, and the future of crowdfunding.
May 16, 2013
The Obama administration is considering more assertive action against Beijing to combat a persistent cyber-espionage campaign it believes Chinese hackers are waging against U.S. companies and government agencies.
Karen Evans, partner at KE&T Partners LLC, and Julie Anderson, chief operating officer and managing director for the Civitas Group discuss what you can do to reduce the risk of cyber attacks at your agency.
January 1, 2013
Tags: technology , security management , cybersecurity , Karen Evans , mobile technology , KE&T Partners , Julie Anderson , Civitas Group , mobile security , CSIS , duplication , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Gigi Schumm, vice president and general manager Public Sector of Symantec, talks about computer security.
December 18, 2012
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will talk about cybersecurity and risk managment.
October 18, 2012
Tags: acquisition , Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Act of 2012 , Afzal Bari , Jason Wilson , Kiersten Todt Coon , Liberty Group Ventures LLC , risk management , Allen Scott
Marine Lt. Gen Richard Mills told an audience at a conference in Baltimore last that he led cyber attacks in Afghanistan.
The Defense Department's goal is to enhance training and cyber situational awareness.