Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: customer service
Martha Dorris, deputy associate administrator at the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies at General Services Administration, shared some ideas from last month's GSA conference.
A survey of 750 customers found 91 percent were satisfied overall with the services.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra will develop policy and guidance to improve how agencies manage their websites.
President Obama issues an Executive Order requiring agencies to focus on technological and process improvements for citizen-facing services. OMB's Zients said the government relies too much on the old way to help citizens - phone, in person and on paper.
Being put on "hold" used to be customers' biggest gripe. Now? It's those darn automated attendants.
The website, sponsored by the General Services Administration, aims to increase collaboration on best practices for delivering customer service.
OMB finds that most website and call center operations are separate and don't work well together. Some agencies are following the private sector's lead by offering multiple channels to serve citizens. CMS and GSA both use online tools to answer questions more quickly and reliably.
New report from the Modernizing IT forum details the next steps OMB and agencies will take. The administration wants to focus on IT program management and customer service.