Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: crime
An off-duty Seat Pleasant officer observed gun shots being fired and gave chase to a vehicle that then crashed into a pole, police say.
"We think it's important to bring the community to the inmates since they can't go out to the community," says Jail Capt. Lucinda Buker of the Alexandria Sheriff's Department.
A 38-year-old Leesburg woman's car broke down while driving on Gleedsville Road and Woodside Place around 7 p.m. Wednesday. She left a relative in the car while she went looking for help.
A child is OK after an apparent carjacking in the District Thursday morning.
"In that kind of traffic, to have somebody shoot upwards of 13 rounds at a moving vehicle, the fact that nobody was struck, no houses, no vehicles is somewhat miraculous," says Virginia State Police Lt. Danny Glick.
"Probably as a result of the economy and such, people are resorting to stealing copper downspouts and copper guttering and taking them to metal recyclers and exchanging them for cash," says Officer Bill Murray with Vienna Police.
After a teacher was murdered at the state-run juvenile detention center, two staff members have been fired, an administrator demoted and two others suspended.
Paul Warner Powell killed Stacie Reed, 16, and raped her younger sister in 1999 in the family's Manassas home. He's set to be executed Thursday night.
Police busted the duo right after they allegedly robbed a credit union in Chantilly. It was a credit union that police were staking out at the time of the robbery.
On a per capita basis, the District has the most cyber crooks. Maryland ranks 19th and Virginia 28th.