Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: crime
An off-duty Seat Pleasant officer observed gun shots being fired and gave chase to a vehicle that then crashed into a pole, police say.
"We think it's important to bring the community to the inmates since they can't go out to the community," says Jail Capt. Lucinda Buker of the Alexandria Sheriff's Department.
A 38-year-old Leesburg woman's car broke down while driving on Gleedsville Road and Woodside Place around 7 p.m. Wednesday. She left a relative in the car while she went looking for help.
A child is OK after an apparent carjacking in the District Thursday morning.
"In that kind of traffic, to have somebody shoot upwards of 13 rounds at a moving vehicle, the fact that nobody was struck, no houses, no vehicles is somewhat miraculous," says Virginia State Police Lt. Danny Glick.
"Probably as a result of the economy and such, people are resorting to stealing copper downspouts and copper guttering and taking them to metal recyclers and exchanging them for cash," says Officer Bill Murray with Vienna Police.
After a teacher was murdered at the state-run juvenile detention center, two staff members have been fired, an administrator demoted and two others suspended.
Paul Warner Powell killed Stacie Reed, 16, and raped her younger sister in 1999 in the family's Manassas home. He's set to be executed Thursday night.
Police busted the duo right after they allegedly robbed a credit union in Chantilly. It was a credit union that police were staking out at the time of the robbery.
On a per capita basis, the District has the most cyber crooks. Maryland ranks 19th and Virginia 28th.