Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: crime
Men grow taller and women thinner online.
An off-duty Seat Pleasant officer observed gun shots being fired and gave chase to a vehicle that then crashed into a pole, police say.
"We think it's important to bring the community to the inmates since they can't go out to the community," says Jail Capt. Lucinda Buker of the Alexandria Sheriff's Department.
A 38-year-old Leesburg woman's car broke down while driving on Gleedsville Road and Woodside Place around 7 p.m. Wednesday. She left a relative in the car while she went looking for help.
A child is OK after an apparent carjacking in the District Thursday morning.
"In that kind of traffic, to have somebody shoot upwards of 13 rounds at a moving vehicle, the fact that nobody was struck, no houses, no vehicles is somewhat miraculous," says Virginia State Police Lt. Danny Glick.
"Probably as a result of the economy and such, people are resorting to stealing copper downspouts and copper guttering and taking them to metal recyclers and exchanging them for cash," says Officer Bill Murray with Vienna Police.
After a teacher was murdered at the state-run juvenile detention center, two staff members have been fired, an administrator demoted and two others suspended.
Paul Warner Powell killed Stacie Reed, 16, and raped her younger sister in 1999 in the family's Manassas home. He's set to be executed Thursday night.
Police busted the duo right after they allegedly robbed a credit union in Chantilly. It was a credit union that police were staking out at the time of the robbery.