Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: counterterrorism
Australian police shot and killed a man after he stabbed two counterterrorism officers today.
Robert Work, the new deputy defense secretary, told members of the House Armed Services Committee that the Defense Department will experience a two-year trough in readiness as it resets its force,
Terrorism experts Christopher Harmon and Michael Kraft will discuss what the federal government is doing to fight terrorism around the world, and Linda Rix, co-CEO of FastYeti Incorporated will talk about her new website vetsHQ.com.
June 27, 2014
Counter-terrorism is a key tenet of President Barack Obama's foreign policy plan going forward. He said in a speech at West Point on Wednesday, "the most direct threat to America at home and abroad remains terrorism. But a strategy that involves invading every country that harbors terrorist networks is na´ve and unsustainable." His plan is to advise and assist countries facing significant terrorism threats and help build the capacity to deal with threats on their own.
Doctor Christopher C. Harmon, the Major General Matthew C. Horner Chair of Military Theory at Marine Corps University will talk about terrorism and whether we are seeing changes in strategy and tactics.
May 31, 2013
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , Government Accountability Office , Congress , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Elijah Cummings , Julie Tagen , National Active and Retired Federal Employees , federal employees
Rep. Adam Smith of Washington state and Sen. Mark Udall of Colorado introduced legislation that would repeal provisions of the defense bill that President Barack Obama signed into law Dec. 31.
Today's guests are authors of the book US Government Counterterrorism: A Guide to Who Does What
The counterterrorism office in the State Department has been upgraded to a full-fledged. It's part of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's goal of greater smart power capability.