Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contractor workforce
George Washington University Law School professor Steve Schooner joins host Roger Waldron to talk about the top procurement issues.
February 7, 2012(Encore presentation February 14, 2012)
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Federal Procurement , Steve Schooner , warfighter , Iraq and Afghanistan wars , Small business contracting , Better Buying Power initiative , OMB , GW Law School , George Washington University , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Off the Shelf
Sens. Lieberman and Collins want more information on how many contractors DHS has and what type of work they are doing. Agency has asked its components to reevaluate their human capital plans to ensure they have the right mix.
Tags: P&B , contracting , Janet Napolitano , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Richard Spires , Elaine Duke , Clair McCaskill , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , federal workforce ,
Secretary Gates' decision to cut three major offices will result in "a substantial number" of employees and contractors having to find new jobs. The CIO's functions will be split between DISA and ATL. DoD is moving major acquisition oversight to the chief management officer's office.