Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
The latest blueprint to improve DoD's acquisition process will try to help the military achieve game-changing end products and spend less time on the business end of the acquisition system. Frank Kendall, the undersecretary of Defense for acquisition, technology and logistics, said the strategy remains in draft form while DoD gathers feedback from a variety of experts.
Mike Sade, a former federal acquisition executive, said the consolidation of schedule contracts makes sense, but there are several unanswered questions GSA needs to address.
Carolyn Alston, executive vice president and general counsel for the Coalition for Government Procurement, will discuss a wide range of procurement issues including interagency contracting, and acquisition streamlining.
September 16, 2014
Gino Magnifico, the chief information officer of the Army Contracting Command, said the move to a zero-client setup for its desktop computers and the development of lighter weight apps to be used anywhere in the world is a direct result of having a mature cloud infrastructure.
An Office of Personnel Management official said Tuesday that agency officials decided not to renew USIS' background investigations and support contracts.
Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Vice President Brad Medairy, will discuss how Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) can help your agency meet its cybersecurity challenges.
September 9, 2014
Tags: acquisition , Brad Medairy , Booz Allen Hamilton , cybersecurity , Continous Diagnostics and Mitigation , cyber threats , asset management , vulnerability management , predictive intelligence , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Off the Shelf
Tom Temin, anchor of the Federal Drive on Federal News Radio, joins host Mark Amtower to discuss a wide range issues including the end of the fiscal year, and a possible SES exodus.
September 8, 2014
The Pentagon issued a handful of directives in August designed to reverse the trend in its contract competition rate, which has slipped from 64 percent in 2008 to 56.5 percent in the third quarter of 2014. A preliminary analysis shows most of the opportunity for improvement is in service contracting.
The Defense Health Agency is conducting market research in advance of a planned RFP for a 10-year, $20 billion IT services and support contract. It's possible that vendors will be added to the contract without a formal source selection process.
Evan Lesser, founder and director of ClearanceJobs.com will discuss how cleared professionals should be dealing with social media.
September 5, 2014
Tags: workforce , Evan Lesser , ClearanceJobs.com , security clearances , federal hiring , social media , LinkedIn , Instagram , Facebook , Amazon , HP , Dell , Google , Microsoft , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access