Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
The Department of Defense is putting innovation and creativity into their engineering efforts. They have announced the winners of the Defense Value Engineering Achievement Awards that recognize the best value innovations that government and business develop to create cost-effective program solutions. Team leader David Szczublewski explains how.
Congress is looking for ways to make sure foreign contractors follow U.S. laws and regulations. Alan Chvotkin, Executive Vice President and Counsel at the Professional Services Council has details.
Amtower is joined by TechAmerica CEO and President Phil Bond.
May 3, 2010
While the U.S. high-tech industry lost 245,600 jobs in 2009, federal IT employees and contractors may have dodged the biggest bullets. Josh James, Director of Research for the TechAmerica Foundation, and Olga Grkavac, executive vice president, public sector, TechAmerica explain.
The upper chamber will review IMPROVE Act provisions through the Defense Authorization bill. The Senate also is considering other acquisition bills focusing on the workforce.
Tags: Peter Levine , Molly Wilkinson , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Senate Armed Services Committee , DoD , Coalition for Government Procurement , McKenna, Long and Aldridge , Jim Schweiter , IMPROVE Act , acquisition reform , acquisition workforce , Federal Acquisition Institute , cybersecurity
GSA signs agreement with the Federal Acquisition Institute and the Defense Acquisition University to improve and standardize training for contracting officers and contracting specialists. The agency also signs an agreement to improve small business access to the schedules.
Tags: Houston Taylor , Ed O'Hare , GSA , Federal Acquisition Service , Federal Acquisition Institute , Defense Acquisition University , Coalition for Government Procurement , acquisition workforce , Small business contracting , schedule contracts
The way the federal government does business with contractors is changing.
New rule could change how vendors do business with DoD.
WTOP Investigative reporter Mark Segraves reports.
A government watchdog group finds multiple instances of documented misconduct by more than 6 in 10 of the government's top 100 contractors. Lockheed Martin topped the list from the Project on Government Oversight. Scott Amey, General Counsel and a contracting specialist for POGO, has details.