Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
Director of the Office of Procurement Operations at the Homeland Security Department, Soraya Correa has 28 years of experience in procurement, federal assistance, and acquisitions management... and now, an Acquisition Excellence Award!
The concept of doing "even more with even less" is a step beyond "doing more with less." Lisa Mascolo of Accenture has some ideas for doing it.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates proposed making some rather large changes to the Pentagon's budget this past weekend. Federal News Radio gets analysis as to what this might mean.
Adopt real-world strategies to master and manage effectively areas of Contract Administration & Cash Flow Management Governance
Join us for this month's Gov Con Straight Talk where Microsoft will be joined by Dwayne Cook, Midatlantic Practice Leader, Tatum Partners and Mac McLauchlin, also a partner at Tatum specializing in International Management. The discussion will focus on how companies with government contracts need to adopt real-word strategies to master and manage effectively areas of Contract Administration and Cash Flow Management Governance. Panelists will touch upon the interest the Government has in offering contractors opportunities for financial rewards sufficient to stimulate effective contract performance, and to attract the best qualified small and large business concerns. Rules, however, need to be understood and implemented in order to achieve good contract performance, profitability and adequate cash flow levels.
VP/Federal on performance-based contracting; prime/sub relationships; "inherently governmental"; and objections on cloud computing and data center consolidation.
Analysis from GovExec editor-in-chief Tom Shoop.
The Defense Logistics Agency buys and distributes nearly five-million items such as rations, medical supplies and equipment, clothing and textiles, repair parts for land, sea and air weapons systems and platforms, fuel and energy services. DESC, which is a field activity of the Defense Logistics Agency, provides the military and other government agencies with a variety of fuel and energy services. We learn more about DESC's mission from Mark Iden, Deputy Director of Operations, and Colonel Steve Kephart, Director of Mobility Fuels.
The Senate Armed Services Committee likely will not consider the House version of the bill to improve how the Defense Department conducts acquisition.
This week, Amtower talks with GCN editor-in-chief Wyatt Kash.
May 10, 2010
Based on calendar 2009 results, the combined companies would have total revenues of approximately $4.5 billion, 31,000 employees and a booked backlog of more than $13.5 billion, representing approximately 3 times annual revenue. CGI's President, Donna Morea, has details.