Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
Learn more about it from Vice President Susan Plonkey.
May 18, 2010
The Navy strikes a deal to lump together all the fighter jets it plans to purchase over the next several years into a single large buy, in a victory for aerospace giant Boeing. Dr. Jacques Gansler, former undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, explains.
P2P networks a treasure trove of leaked health care data, study finds; DHS contracts immixGroup to support C3
DHS, VA say they need their own multiple award contracts because they want vendors who are familiar with their processes and requirements. Others say agencies want the "glory" of running large procurements and are unhappy with GSA's fees. GSA is trying to address the perception of poor customer service as a way to bring more agencies into the fold.
Tags: Ed O'Hare , Soraya Correa , Iris Cooper , Martha Johnson , GSA , DHS , VA , DoD , Jim Williams , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , Multiple award contracts , GWACs , Alliant , T4 , EAGLE , Ed O
Rob Burton of Venable helps us answer that question, and tells us about a new program for small businesses.
Amtower interviews James Lloyd, Program Director for the Veteran-Owned/Service Disabled Program at the US Army Office of Small Business Programs.
May 17, 2010
A cutting-edge forum addresses public-private partnerships, R&D innovations, and contracting opportunities to protect our country's cyber infrastructure. CyberSecurity Seminars CEO Tom Billington has details.
The "Tools for Online Success" site features tutorials, video testimonials, and tips from savvy small business people who have leveraged the web to become more efficient, more cost-effective, and more successful. Joe Zepecki, deputy assistant administrator for communications at the SBA explains.
We meet the CDC fed awarded for her "spirit of innovation and ‘get it done' mindset" - Nancy Norton, a contracting officer and team leader for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Procurement and Grants Office.
Director of the Office of Procurement Operations at the Homeland Security Department, Soraya Correa has 28 years of experience in procurement, federal assistance, and acquisitions management... and now, an Acquisition Excellence Award!