Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
This week, host Larry Allen talks with Bill Gormley, President & CEO of the Washington Management Group.
July 13, 2010
Learn more about their conference.
HP receives deal that could be for up to five years and worth up to $3 billion. Navy continues to develop follow-on contract, NGEN.
Several U.S. firms have not paid Afghan subcontractors for work those employees did in Afghanistan
OMB issues a fact sheet detailing successes across the government. Agencies are using fewer risky contracts and achieving more competition. One expert, however, wonders if the insourcing initiative is part of the reason for the changes.
Tags: Dan Gordon , Chuck Gherardini , John Bashista , OMB , OFPP , EPA , NNSA , Interior , DoD , DHS , Robert Burton , Venable , competition , sole source contracting , contracting reforms , acquisition workforce , insourcing , Jason Miller
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
Congress called on the Pentagon to develop a more agile or rapid acquisition process in the 2010 Defense authorization law. The military wants to model its approach after the one used for the B-52 bomber where the goal is smaller and incremental changes made over time.
This week, host Larry Allen talks with Kevin Lynch, president of the National Industries for the Blind.
Most mid- and small agencies missed the June 1 deadline to choose the Networx carrier to implement Managed Trusted IP Services. Some say part of the reason for the missed mandate is because GSA and DHS have approved only one MTIPS provider so far. OMB still wants agencies to have all traffic going through a TIC access point by Jan. 31.
Tags: technology , OMB , GSA , Mike Howell , Warren Suss , Diana Gowen , Suss Consulting , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , Sprint , L3 , Networx , TIC , cybersecurity , MTIPS , telecommunications , Jason Miller
A possible price crunch coming to the Federal contracting world is raising eyebrows in the vendor community.