Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
Chairman says government buying power should be saving taxpayers money; instead, dollars are wasted because of implementation delays.
Agency picks CSC for the $489 million IT infrastructure contract for a second time since September. Protest by unsuccessful bidders still possible.
This is the second attempt to award infrastructure-as-a-service contracts. GSA increase the security requirements to moderate level and requires all vendors to be certified through FedRAMP program.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
Dale Meyerrose, vice president and general manager at Harris Cyber Integrated Solutions, talks about his company's new solution for cloud, and explains why he thinks discussions about cybersecurity can be beneficial.
We get a peek at current cutting-edge practices in integrated water-energy green buildings practices and the opportunities and challenges of bringing these practices to federal facilities from GSA's John Simpson
Vendors pessimistic that agencies can transition all services to Networx by June 2011. GSA says it will decide a few months before the contract ends whether to extend the current telecommunications contract.
Tags: technology , Steve Kempf , Sanjeev Bhagowalia , Ed Towns , Darrell Issa , Jean Weinberg , Vivek Kundra , GSA , Interior , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , OMB , Interagency Management Council , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , Diana Gowen , Don Herring , Susan Zeleniak , Networx , FTS 2001 , telecommunications , Jason Miller
The House Veterans Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations brought in officials from the GAO, the VA IG's Office, and the VA itself.
Why would an agency create its own multiple award contract rather then going with another contract vehicle -- like one from GSA? Former chief procurement officer Greg Rothwell explains.
WFED's Jason Miller reports from Capitol Hill.