Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
Washington Business Journal reports GTSI's concerns over its SBA suspension from new government contracts.
The Washington Business Journal reports that VRL is a privately-held cyber threat intelligence company. It will become part of CSC's global cybersecurity business.
At the United Nations last week, Vice Foreign Minister Pak Kil Yon said that North Korea would continue to expand its nuclear arsenal in order to deter what it perceives as American and South Korean aggression in the region. He said North Korea has vowed to strengthen its nuclear arsenal because of the threat from the United States, and that as long as U.S. nuclear aircraft carriers sail around North Korea, the country's nuclear deterrent should not be abandoned but strengthened further. Pak's statement is somewhat discordant compared to recent North Korean behavior that promotes an international environment of reduced tension while leadership issues are deliberated in Pyongyang.
Learn more about the SBA's action against the government contractor
Host Mark Amtower interviews Karen Evans, Director, U.S. Cyber Challenge, on cybersecurity issues.
October 4, 2010
The Pakistan Army dismissed reports that a surge in US unmanned aerial vehicle strikes on Islamist militants in northwest Pakistan disrupted planning for Mumbai-style attacks in European cities. A military spokesman said there is no information or intelligence that militants were plotting attacks. However, US and international media reported the UAV attacks pre-empted militant planning for attacks in London, and cities in France and Germany, similar to the November 2008 terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India. Potential damage avoided is a good news event for the US that produces many ripple effects in a terrorist community.
Harris Corporation has introduced a highly customizable USB thumb drive that quickly extracts targeted data from computers. The BlackJack™ is designed for military, intelligence, and law enforcement cyber security missions, where speed, stealth and accuracy are paramount considerations.
The top procurement officer of a Top 100 DoD contractor gives a thumbs up to the newly announced Pentagon acquisition reforms. WFED's Scott Carr reports.
Deputy Secretary Lute told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee about how DHS is improving contracting processes. Acquisition is one of three major areas that the department is focusing on to bring integration across all 22 components. Lute said part of her goal is to get off the GAO high-risk list.
Tags: management , industry , Janet Holl Lute , Daniel Akaka , Cathleen Berrick , DHS , GAO , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , acquisition processes , Quadrennial Homeland Security Review , financial management , management integration , Jason Miller
Defense contractor Mantech expands its government security work with the $60 million purchase of QinetiQ North America's Security and Intelligence Solutions (S&IS). S&IS recently won a position on a missile defense contract worth $365 million.