Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
Undersecretary says contractor profits won't suffer, since Pentagon was encouraging cost cutting already.
Undersecretary Carter says vendors providing services and weapons systems must figure out how to do more with less. He says DoD will create a preferred supplier program.
Host Larry Allen explores this topic with Maria Darby of Booz Allen Hamilton and Brooks Holtom of the McDonough School of Business.
June 29, 2010
CIA Director Leon Panetta says the agency has hired Xe Services - the company once known as Blackwater - for a $100 million contract to provide security in Afghanistan. As you can imagine, some are outraged. Steve Ryan explains the issues.
This week, Amtower interviews Todd Lamonia, president and CEO of Intellifed.
June 28, 2010
IG: pilot information is at risk, Billions to be spent on smartgrid cybersecurity
Tags: Federal Drive , Cybersecurity Update , White House , cybersecurity , National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cybers , FAA , identity management , Pike Research , CyberSecurity Seminars , Tom Billington
Coalition for Government Procurement sends a letter to DoD Secretary Gates asking him to stop the military from developing new contracts.
More data over greater distances. General Dynamics' John Weidman tells us about a new contract to modernize the ground system and network for NASA's Tracking Data and Relay Satellite constellation.
More and more cases of fraud and corruption by troops and contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan are being investigated. The Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction, Stuart Bowen, brings us up to speed.