Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
Politics in Pakistan is being shaken up due to some bewildering statements made by high-level Pakistani officials that were quoted in Bob Woodward's new Book "Obama's Wars." The published comments raise serious questions about the officials' motives and judgment about permitting US military operations within Pakistan's borders. The revelations are an embarrassment to Prime Minister Gilani and the Foreign Minister who have been vocal in criticizing US cross-border operations, even though many comments and decisions were made before Parliament assumed power in Pakistan. The shockwaves have just begun to ripple through Pakistani politics.
ManTech will provide logistics and supply services, including property accountability, asset visibility, maintenance and fleet management, operational planning, storage operations and security and facility management.
Ridge Global, an international provider of security and risk management services, has announced the appointment of Amit Yoran, CEO of Netwitness Corporation, to the company's board of advisors.
Ashley Bergander, manager of federal programs for FedSources, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss the list of the Top 50 Opportunities for Contractors.
An unnamed senior U.S. defense official reportedly said China appears to be backing away from its descriptions of territorial disputes in the South China Sea. However, China is expected to build 30 vessels during the next five years for marine law enforcement. A softening of language or other gestures are tactical adjustments for a near-term benefit, but signify no substantive change. China is on a path to assert and demonstrate its dominance in Asia, evidenced by ambitious naval construction, expanding naval operational areas and expansion of the law enforcement fleet. This is a strategic warning that maritime confrontations will increase in both volume and frequency.
After 20 years with the organization, Larry Allen is stepping down as president of CGP.
According to Japanese Economy and Trade Ministry officials, Japan plans to import Russian-processed uranium fuel from Kazakhstan via Siberian railways. The language of the announcement indicates the new transportation route is an effort to avoid piracy risks to Japanese maritime vessels. The ministry plans to begin using the land route by April 2011. While the Trans-Siberian Railroad does mitigate threats from piracy, it also allows Japan to avoid shipping via the South China Sea which China now claims as territorial waters. In the next few years, Japan may be expected take other actions to reduce its vulnerability to Chinese interdiction.
As part of Energy Awareness Month, DoD releases a statement on its commitment to move toward cleaner energy sources.
Vendors bidding on the contract are asked to extend their prices to Nov. 30. GSA CIO Coleman said her goal was to make the award by Veterans Day.
Kim Jong-il and his youngest son, Kim Jong-un, presided at North Korea's large military parade on October 10th to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the foundation of the Workers' Party. The leadership permitted live television coverage of the event. Yang Hyong-sop, Vice President of North Korea's Supreme People's Assembly said that Kim Jong-un will be North Korea's leader and that the North Korean people can proudly say that they are more blessed with their leader than people of any other country around the world. The large military parade on a Party anniversary indicates the Army is the dominant force in North Korean decision making.