Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
The Wall Street Journal reports that private security firms are signing onto an international code of conduct in the fact of recent controversies.
The clock is ticking toward the Air Force's decision on which of two aerospace firms will build the next generation refueling tanker. Defense analysts said that no matter who is the winner of the tanker fight next month, it's time to get the tankers built -- and in the air.
Vendors still must go through the cybersecurity certification and accreditation process before they can offer these infrastructure services. This is the first award under the federal cloud computing initiative. All of these services will be available through the Apps.gov platform.
GTSI can go back to working with federal agencies, but the company must pull back from any contracts where small businesses are prime vendors. GTSI also must have an SBA-approved monitor its current and future dealings with small businesses.
A new survey on how well agencies contract for sustainable products and services is under development. GSA and OFPP also are taking other steps to promote green purchasing including training courses and changes to acquisition regulations.
Politics in Pakistan is being shaken up due to some bewildering statements made by high-level Pakistani officials that were quoted in Bob Woodward's new Book "Obama's Wars." The published comments raise serious questions about the officials' motives and judgment about permitting US military operations within Pakistan's borders. The revelations are an embarrassment to Prime Minister Gilani and the Foreign Minister who have been vocal in criticizing US cross-border operations, even though many comments and decisions were made before Parliament assumed power in Pakistan. The shockwaves have just begun to ripple through Pakistani politics.
ManTech will provide logistics and supply services, including property accountability, asset visibility, maintenance and fleet management, operational planning, storage operations and security and facility management.
Ridge Global, an international provider of security and risk management services, has announced the appointment of Amit Yoran, CEO of Netwitness Corporation, to the company's board of advisors.
Ashley Bergander, manager of federal programs for FedSources, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss the list of the Top 50 Opportunities for Contractors.
An unnamed senior U.S. defense official reportedly said China appears to be backing away from its descriptions of territorial disputes in the South China Sea. However, China is expected to build 30 vessels during the next five years for marine law enforcement. A softening of language or other gestures are tactical adjustments for a near-term benefit, but signify no substantive change. China is on a path to assert and demonstrate its dominance in Asia, evidenced by ambitious naval construction, expanding naval operational areas and expansion of the law enforcement fleet. This is a strategic warning that maritime confrontations will increase in both volume and frequency.