Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
Rival teams from Lockheed Martin and Austal USA have been waiting all year to see which of their designs would be chosen for the U.S. Navy's Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) competition. Now, if the Navy gets permission from the lame-duck Congress, the winner could be: both.
The federal government will increase its spending on information technology from $86 billion in 2010 to $112 billion by 2015, according to a new forecast by Input, a Reston, Va.-based consulting firm.
According to recent reports, Chinese Major General Hui recently visited Pakistan Chief of Army Staff, General Kayani. Chinese intelligence officials seldom visit Pakistan unless there is a problem. The usual problem is that Pakistan is harboring, aiding, training and abetting anti-Han Chinese Islamic terrorists in 42 camps within Pakistani Kashmir. Pakistani press said the general visited the tribal agencies in north western Pakistan. Neither party announced the general's agenda, but this type of visit usually signifies stress in the relationship related to security issues.
Joanne Woytek is Program Manager for NASA's SEWP: Solutions for Enterprise-Wide Procurement. She gives Tom Temin an update on the success of the program and tells him what lies ahead.
OFPP is holding these meetings with large agencies to understand how they are meeting the Obama administration's acquisition goals. The sessions are similar to the TechStat sessions, but they're not at the program level. OFPP also is finalizing rules around multiple award contracts and schedule bidding.
Tags: Lesley Field , Dan Gordon , OFPP , GSA , Federal Acquisition Institute , Coalition for Government Procurement , GSA schedules , multiple award contracting , acquisition workforce , Frontline Forums , AcqStat , Contracting Functional Advisory Boards , Jason Miller
Changes in the Pentagon's contracting process are taken from Jacques Gansler's 2007 report commissioned by Army Secretary Pete Geren.
Ray Bjorklund, senior vice president and chief knowledge officer at FedSources, discussed the confusion surrounding the Army's EAGLE contract.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joined the DorobekINSIDER with details on the stat sessions by the Office of Federal Procurement Policy to collect data on how your agency is reducing the use of high-risk contracts.
Nick Schwellenbach, director of investigations at POGO , joined the DorobekINSIDER to explain the potential impact of a decrease of DoD audits of smaller contracts.
The DorobekINSIDER presents at 2010 Excellence in Partnership Awards.