Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
To save money in contracting, DoD will have to spend money to build the acquisition workforce, former DoD Comptroller Dov Zakheim said.
Paul Weiss, Senior Director of Program Development, LMI was given a Lifetime Achievement Award at this year's Excellence in Partnership Awards. Host Larry Allen discusses the award and Weiss's career with the man himself.
November 16, 2010
Iraqi politicians recently made progress in breaking the political deadlock that had prevented formation of a government, despite a walkout by the Sunni-backed Iraqiya bloc. Parliament has reappointed Jalal Talabani as President and elected a Sunni Arab from the Iraqiya bloc as Speaker of Parliament. Talabani re-appointed Nuri al Maliki as Prime Minister, enabling him to begin selecting a cabinet. Some commentators have asserted a new government will help reduce sectarian violence. None have explained how that is likely to occur since the Sunni-backed party obtained no strong power position in the new political arrangement despite winning a plurality in the March elections.
A new survey from the Professional Services Council and Grant Thornton finds contracting officers don't always find new guidance helpful in how they do their job. Acquisition workers also say too much oversight is causing innovation to be muted.
How is the federal government using social media? Host Mark Amtower interviews Marc Hausman, CEO & president of the Strategic Communications Group.
November 15, 2010
An Afghan national army soldier recently fired on foreign troops at a military compound in Sangin district, Helmand province, Afghanistan, after which he sought refuge with the Taliban. A Taliban spokesman said they took him to a safe location. The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force's press office said it had received information about the incident and had launched an investigation to ascertain its veracity. The ISAF will release further details once the investigation is complete. As noted previously, defection to the Taliban can be contagious. If it takes root among the Pashtuns, it could become unstoppable.
L3 MPRI's Rick Kiernan explains the benefits both externally and internally for a company's involvement in their community.
A new memo from the Office of Federal Procurement Policy gives agencies until June to determine whether the number of contractors performing services is appropriate. First, however, agencies must develop a service contract inventory and make it public. OFPP said for agencies to initially focus on professional and management services and technology services.