Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contracting
Jerry Williams, the CIO of FSA, said he's reorganizing his office to establish customer service representatives to help the mission areas use IT more successfully.
April 10, 2014
David Dowd, partner at Mayer Brown LLP, will give us his thoughts on the Mandatory Disclosure Rule, and other legal issues.
April 8, 2014
Stan Krejci of the SK Group discusses whether your company needs a board of advisers, and if so, how you should assemble one.
April 7, 2014
SBA said GSA's impact analysis failed on two main accounts. SBA said it disagreed on GSA's claim that OS3 is a follow-on contract to OS2 and therefore is not a consolidation of contract requirements subject to the provisions of the Small Business Act. SBA also said GSA's argument that it is "contrary to law" to provide an economic analysis on the consequences of small business on a consolidated contract is wrong.
Inside the DoD Reporter's Notebook: Pentagon goes its own way on GSA schedules; VA still thinks its electronic health record can meet DoD's needs
"Inside the DoD's Reporter's Notebook" is biweekly feature focused on news about the Defense Department and defense community as gathered by Federal News Radio DoD Reporter Jared Serbu.
Tags: DoD , GSA , FAR , acquisition policy , Federal Supply Schedules , Roger Waldron , Alan Chvotkin , Eric Shinseki , Jonathan Woodson , Veterans Affairs , Wendy Masiello , Jared Serbu , Inside the DoD Reporter
The FBI, and the EPA and GSA IGs have been investigating spear phishing attacks using real federal employee email addresses and stolen credit card numbers to buy toner cartridges online. GSA said scammers so far have targeted employees of the EPA, Interior Department's Fish and Wildlife Service, the Commerce Department's Census Bureau, the Department of Health and Human Services' National Institutes of Health.
The FBI and inspectors general from EPA and GSA are investigating an 18-month scam targeting vendors on the GSA schedule. The bad actors are spoofing federal employee emails to buy toner cartridges with stolen credit cards. Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller was a guest on In Depth with Francis Rose. to provide details about the scam and information about how you should protect yourself. Read Federal News Radio's related article.
The Defense Department has just made a pretty significant change to the way it's going to buy products and services from GSA's schedules program. Instead of relying on GSA's determination that the government's already getting a good deal from the vendors in the program, the new rules appear to require DoD's own contracting officers to do the same thing. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu was a guest on In Depth with Francis Rose. to talk about that change.
David Ramirez, general manager of the Federal Solutions business unit at the L-3 National Security Solutions group, will discuss innovation and what agencies are looking for in terms of services and technologies.
April 1, 2014
Hewlett Packard social media guru Christina Morrison will discuss how to create a social media strategy for your agency or business.
March 31, 2014