Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contract vehicles
Bloomberg Government Federal Business Analyst Brian Friel talks about why multiple award contracts have become so popular and where the government market is headed.
July 24, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Multiple award contracts , Brian Friel , Bloomberg Government , federal market , GWACs , MAC , enterprise multiple award contracts , procurement , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
You have to have a very good business case if you want to add the long list of contract vehicles. Jim Williams managed a few of those vehicles as commissioner of the General Services Administration's Federal Acquisition Service. He's now a senior vice president at Daon.
Larry Allen, the president of Allen Federal and the former president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what these new contracts could mean for federal agencies — and why there are so many.