Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: contract audits
The Pentagon has set up a new subcommittee to review its processes, policies and practices for how it audits and administers contractor purchasing, billing, estimating and accounting systems. This DoD-only panel will develop recommendations and an action plan in the next six months. DCAA says about 69 of the top 100 Defense contractors have at least one deficient business system.
Tags: contracting , mngt , Shay Assad , April Stephenson , Mike Conaway , Rob Andrews , Greg Kutz , DoD , DCAA , GAO , House Armed Services Committee acquisition panel , Billing systems , improper payments
DoD inspector general finds continued audit quality problems. Senate committee says making DCAA independent should be considered.
Tags: contracting , Robert Hale , April Stephenson , Greg Kutz , Sen. Joseph Lieberman , Sen. Susan Collins , Sen. Tom Coburn , Gordon Heddell , DoD , DCAA , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , GAO , inspector general , acquisition reform
Improving the performance of federal contract audits is one way a Senate Committee us trying to root out waste, fraud and abuse.
Tags: contracting , management , Claire McCaskill , Patrick Fitzgerald , Scott Brown , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Defense Contract Audit Agency , Project on Government Oversight , Nick Schwellenbach , contract oversight , Scott Carr