Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: continuous monitoring
As more and more federal agencies and companies in the private sector ramp up their use of both private and public clouds, the Fed Cloud Blog thought it would be interesting to look at potential pitfalls they should try to avoid. Lucky for us, Information Week has put together a list of ways companies can [...]
Despite a 2006 mandate to secure mobile devices and implement two-factor authentication, only just over half of federal agencies have managed to do so. OMB submits its annual FISMA report to Congress detailing the steps the government has taken to improve cybersecurity, including spending $12 billion on cybersecurity last year.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , OMB , DoD , GSA , NASA , DHS , U.S. CERT , NIST , cybersecurity , FISMA , encryption , HSPD-12 , Cyber Workforce , CyberStat , Cyberscope , supply chain , Jason Miller
OMB mandated departments implement continuous monitoring of their cyber networks by 2012. Part of meeting that goal is understanding what hardware and software currently reside on the computing backbone.
Host Tom Temin talks with Jerry Davis, the chief information security officer for NASA.
July 1, 2010
More and more agencies are gearing up to deploy continuous monitoring as a means of complying with FISMA. What is it, and will it come to your agency soon?
Learn more in today's cybersecurity update.