Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: continuity of operations
Frank Baitman, the CIO at the Department of Health and Human Services, said his agency applied lessons from this summer's Derecho as it prepared for the storm hitting the region this week. He said HHS tested and fixed server fail-over problems.
The thunderstorm in June knocked out GSA's connection, threatening some of the agency's core operations. GSA's chief information officer Casey Coleman said agencies should consider enlisting secondary Internet access providers to ensure connectivity during emergencies.
Army would agree to buy energy from private plants on Army land but cut the plants off from the electric grid in the event of an emergency. The final solicitation could be out by this spring.
OPM Director John Berry reminded federal employees of their benefits and other options in preparation for an unusual hurricane season.