Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: continuing resolution
Deltek's Kevin Plexico and Scott Lewis of PS Partnerships, will talk about the challenges facing contractors in this tough budget environment.
June 24, 2013
Tags: acquisition , contracting , DoD , budget battle , sequestration , Subcontracting , government contracting , Kevin Plexico , Deltek , Scott Lewis , PS Partnerships , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center ,
Dave Mader, senior vice president at Booz Allen Hamilton, talks acquisition and procurement with host Roger Waldron.
June 11, 2013
Tags: contracting , acquisition , procurement , Dave Mader , Booz Allen Hamilton , acquisition planning , GSA , Federal Acquisition Service , shared services , contract duplication , sequestration , risk allocation , LPTA , Small business contracting , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
Linda Rix, co-CEO of Avue Technologies, will discuss the latest hiring trends in the federal government, and a new program her company has started to help job seekers.
April 5, 2013
AFGE's J. David Cox, and Federal Times Senior Writer Sean Reilly will talk about the impact of sequestration and the possiblity that federal workers will be furloughed.
March 27, 2013
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will compare the House and Senate budget proposals, and discuss sequestration's impact on the economy.
March 21, 2013
Federal News Radio's Julia Ziegler, and Sean Reilly and Stephen Losey from the Federal Times, join host Mike Causey to discuss a wide range of issues affecting federal workers.
March 13, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , government shutdown , furloughs , retirement , retirement surge , Julia Ziegler , Federal News Radio , sequestration , pay freeze , Sean Reilly , Stephen Losey , Federal Times , Mike Causey , Your Turn
The House has approved legislation to prevent a government shutdown at the end of the month, freeze federal pay for a third straight year and give the Defense Department some relief from a cash crunch caused by sequestration. The huge spending measure, which was passed on a 267-151 vote, would fund federal operations through September. It leaves in place automatic cuts of 5 percent to domestic agencies and 7.8 percent to the Pentagon ordered by President Barack Obama Friday night after months of battling Republicans over the budget.
The lower chamber's bill would significantly soften the blow against DoD and potentially eliminate current plans such as civilian furloughs because of the automatic budget cuts. The remainder of the government would remain under both sequestration and a full-year continuing resolution.
Career expert and author John Grobe, Federal News Radio's Julia Ziegler, and Federal Times senior writer Stephen Losey will discuss sequestration and other issues affecting federal workers.
February 27, 2013
Tags: transition plan , John Grobe , Federal Career Experts , pay and benefits , sequestration , Julia Ziegler , Federal Times , budget battle , Stephen Losey , CR deadline , furloughs , air traffic controllers , FEMA , Mike Causey , Your Turn
As the Navy scours its IT systems to determine exactly what it owns, it's discovered it operates double the data centers and tens of thousands of servers and applications more than it previously thought. The findings come more than a decade after the Navy implemented its Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, which was supposed to reduce the number of disparate systems run by the agency and eliminate stovepipes. All told, Navy's IT budget could be as much as $4 billion more than it initially thought.
Tags: DoD , Navy , Janice Haith , technology , enterprise licenses agreements , contracting , industry , data center consolidation , application rationalization , Virtualization , IT efficiencies , budget , sequestration , NMCI , NGEN , Jared Serbu