Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: continuing resolution
Mike Causey discusses the last shutdown and lessons learned in case it happens again.
A top aide to Nancy Pelosi told Democratic staffers that a shutdown is likely. The comments came after House Speaker John Boehner rejected any extension of the current spending levels.
The GOP wants deep cuts in a continuing resolution, meanwhile President Obama has threatened to veto. Keeping the government funded is what's at stake. Budget expert James Horney explains.
House Speaker John Boehner rejected any temporary funding measures that does not include serious cuts.
On this week's show, host Mike Causey talks with NTEU president Colleen Kelley and Federal Times' Steve Watkins about different budget plans being considered and how they might hit you, or your agency, in the wallet.
Tags: pay and benefits , Your Turn with Mike Causey , NTEU , Federal Times , Colleen Kelley , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , FY 2011 budget , FY 2010 budget , IRS , SBA , SEC , Customs and Border Protection , HHS , USPS , CBP , DHS
President Obama has threatened to veto a continuing resolution that would fund government through the rest of the fiscal year. The Hill's Bob Cusack explains how the CR battle has gotten this far.
Federal workers are under a two-year pay freeze, Congress is looking at furloughs and pension cuts and yet, we are told, these are the good old days. Things may get tougher for you and your agency. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says while it may not be the end of the world, this is definitely not just a drill.
Secretary Robert M. Gates is warning the continuing resolution means the Pentagon could run out of money before September 30.
The continuing resolution translates into a $5.7 billion cut to the Navy.
Were you ever an unwilling passenger in a high-speed, high-stakes game of chicken? Well, if you work for Uncle Sam, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you are on board for what could be the ride of your life. Or job.