Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: competition
The Defense Department's acquisition chief outlined a series of changes intended to bolster competition for DoD contracts on Friday, lamenting the fact that the Pentagon has missed its competition goals every year since the goals were created.
The Challenge.gov platform Thursday received the prestigious Harvard Innovations in American Government award from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. It beat out 600 other entrants to be the first federal winner of the award since 2003.
Administration collecting industry input before issuing four guidances by Sept. 30. Acquisition workforce remains biggest challenge.
Tags: contracting , David Drabkin , Jeff Liebman , OMB , OFPP , GSA , DoD , Coalition for Government Procurement , AIA , Lockheed Martin , Acquisition Solutions , John Palatiello and Associates , John Palatiello , Larry Allen , Trey Hodgkins , Alan Chvotkin , Eleanor Spector , acquisition reform , acquisition workforce ,
Several outsourcing-friendly provisions made their way into the Defense authorization bill approved by the House of Representatives last week. The bill would lift a moratorium on public-private competitions via the A-76 process in DoD, and expresses the sense of Congress that DoD should insource only those jobs which are inherently governmental.
Tags: DoD , contracting , industry , OMB , inherently governmental , insourcing , outsourcing , A-76 , Lexington Institute , Center for Strategic and International Studies , Defense Logistics Agency , Carlyle Group , Frank Finelli , David Berteau , John Conger , Redding Hobby , Dan Goure , Jared Serbu
A new contest geared towards teens is hoping to inspire roughly 10,000 student towards careers in cybersecurity.
Four projects will use innovative new technologies in VA facilities to improve the quality of patient care for Veterans. VA's Jonah Czerwinski explains.
OMB issues a fact sheet detailing successes across the government. Agencies are using fewer risky contracts and achieving more competition. One expert, however, wonders if the insourcing initiative is part of the reason for the changes.
Tags: contracting , Dan Gordon , Chuck Gherardini , John Bashista , OMB , OFPP , EPA , NNSA , Interior , DoD , DHS , Robert Burton , Venable , sole source contracting , contracting reforms , acquisition workforce , insourcing , Jason Miller