Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: collective bargaining
Erroll Southers tells Federal News Radio why he withdrew himself as nominee to be TSA Administrator, citing personal and partisan attacks.
Employees get little assurance about collective bargaining.
As the Administrator for the Transportation Security Administration, John S. Pistole begins his tenure with the agency, he talks with Federal News Radio about his top goals, priorities and issues including collective bargaining and body scanners.
Several federal employee unions will join a new group to raise awareness about the federal workforce. The National Treasury Employee Union also is holding its annual legislative conference to lobby lawmakers on key issues such as furloughs and health care.
Mark Plotkin, WTOP political analyst
Jim Barnes, political correspondent for National Journal
Administrator said it will help employee morale and will not negatively impact security. Lawmakers wanted assurances that if employees would go on strike, Pistole would fire them.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , John Pistole , Mike Rogers , Mo Brooks , Bennie Thompson , Danny Davis , TSA , House Homeland Security Committee , FRLA , Best Places to Work survey , Jason Miller
The national council released a memo Wednesday to help agency managers work with employee unions. The guidance highlights the importance of, and confusion around, pre-decisional discussions. The council expects more progress over the next year from labor-management councils with individual bargaining units.
Tags: management , National Council on Federal Labor Management Relat , Office of Personnel Management , Office of Management and Budget , organized labor , John Berry , Jeffrey Zients , FLRA, FCMS , labor-relation forums , Meg Beasley
GAO reaches first contract with employee union