Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: cloud computing
The Postal Service will kick off its pilot to provide identity management services in the cloud in early 2014. The IRS and DHS also are pursuing complimentary initiatives to authorize and authenticate users.
After a Pentagon directive "with no escape clause" for all DoD components to migrate to a single email system, Navy and Marine Corps respond by studying the business case for doing so. Officials want to figure out the cost to move to the DISA-run service.
The annual policy legislation also doesn't merge the DoD CIO and deputy chief management officer.
Tags: Congress , technology , DoD , House Armed Services Committee , Senate Armed Services Committee , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , Darrell Issa , Jeanne Shaheen , CIO , deputy chief management officer , Defense Authorization Bill , heath IT , Jason Miller
The Air Force's Service Development and Delivery Process aims to deliver data hosting, enterprise management, security and other IT functions as standards-based services to be used by the entire organization.
GSA's Mark Day said agency preferences in how they buy cloud services are clear, and point toward the need for a cloud broker.
The platform, called Acropolis, is initially being used only for network operations and cybersecurity data, but officials plan to expand it to help solve big data challenges around financial and acquisition information.
The Defense Information Systems Agency says an eventual commercial cloud buy probably won't be bundled into a single contract vehicle, but in the meantime, DoD needs to work through challenges involving security, approval policy and network operations.
A new white paper from SafeGov recommended ways for agencies to move to an integrated cloud and cyber approach and away from one that is fragmented and ad hoc in many respects. Karen Evans, a co-author of the report and a former Office of Management and Budget administrator for e-government and IT, said agencies need a clearer picture of how this integration could happen.
Ravee Kurian and David Blackburn from Sapient will discuss how federal agencies can implement digital strategies to improve outcomes and reduce costs.
January 14, 2014
Tags: technology , Healthcare IT , HHS , mobile health , Sapient Corporation , Ravee Kurian , David Blackburn , digital health strategies , mobile computing , HiMSS , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , content syndication
Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller joins host Mark Amtower to talk about a number of Federal IT issues.
January 13, 2014
Tags: acquisition , contracting , technology , federal IT , information technology , cybersecurity , IT acquisition , continuous monitoring , mobile technology , big data , data analytics , shared services , FITARA , Jason Miller , Federal News Radio , Ask the CIO , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center , BYOD