Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: cloud computing
What do you call hundreds of cloud developers stuck in a room together? Why, Cloudstock, of course. A cloud computing technical conference – dubbed by some as “The Woodstock for Cloud Developers” took place in San Francisco this week. Its mission was to “bring the top cloud developers and the top cloud technologies together under [...]
Treasury's Dan Tangherlini explains the reason behind the website relaunch and move to the cloud.
The added accreditation brings greater transparency security to the cloud, says the Microsoft blog.
The agency will implement e-mail in the cloud using Google Apps for Government under an almost $7 million deal with Unisys. Many agencies are paying attention to how GSA implements this technology. GSA's CIO or Unisys could not confirm whether the datacenter is located in the U.S.
The federal CIO Vivek Kundra will roll out specifics about the administration's plan to change the way agencies buy and manage technology. The administration wants to give CIOs more authority over the budget for commodity IT such as e-mail or infrastructure. Kundra also said 2012 budget request will include requirements for continuous monitoring of agency networks.
The contract could be worth $6 million over four years. GSA said it wants Unisys to replace several different versions of IBM's Lotus Notes and Domino software.
Is cloud computing a safe and private way to access data? There’s no doubt about it, security is a major concern when it comes to cloud computing. But now, the European Union is working on a three-year project to create technical fixes and policies designed to make cloud computing a more secure option for businesses [...]
Google has filed a lawsuit against the Interior Department in an attempt to prevent the agency from going ahead with bid requests to host a cloud-based electronic messaging system. According to a lawsuit filed in U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Google says they met with Interior Department officials on several occasions asking them to [...]
The Office of Management and Budget announced five structural changes to put renewed focus on improving IT management. OMB CPO Jeffrey Zients says the way government currently budgets for and acquires IT is "broken."
Apps.gov, the GSA’s cloud-based storefront, will soon offer storage, virtualization and Web hosting applications to government agencies. Vendors with an infrastructure-as-a-service contract will provide their services on the website. Apps.gov will alleviate the federal IT strain on storage, computing power and website hosting. The new cloud infrastructure will also eliminate the need for agencies to [...]