Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: cloud computing
The FCC's Zachary Katz explains how the challenge works and what the agency hopes to gain from the public input.
AP reports on the center that will be staffed by 100 special operations agents.
Jumping on the cloud may have seemed like a dream for many large businesses some time ago. But it’s becoming more of a reality in 2011. Large businesses – companies with 1,000 employees or more – are exploring benefits cloud computing has to offer and are looking to expand basic services to more complex infrastructure [...]
The America Competes Reauthorization Act authorizes the agency's programs and sets a path toward the future. President Obama signed the bill into law Tuesday. Several other science and technology agencies receive marching orders from lawmakers.
The Court of Federal Claims rules that Interior violated law and federal regulations in awarding a sole source contract to Microsoft for e-mail and collaboration services in the cloud. This the latest episode in an ongoing battle between the two software giants to provide cloud services to agencies.
Tags: contracting , industry , technology , Bernie Mazer , Susan Braden , Rhea Suh , Interior , GSA , USDA , Court of Federal Claims , GAO , Google , Microsoft , e-mail-as-a-service , bid protest , Jason Miller
Angel Santa, Deputy Chief Information Officer in the Department of Justice's Office of Justice Programs, is John Gilroy's guest on Federal Tech Talk.
January 4, 2011
Two major contributors to a task force on Defense Department IT acquisition said DoD's report to Congress on its plans for reform contains some good recommendations - but fails to identify how the department will overcome powerful cultural barriers to change. Experts said DoD failed to look outside the traditional Defense industrial complex for new ways to manage the IT lifecycle.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture now has a blooming relationship with Microsoft. Earlier this month, Microsoft and the USDA reached an agreement to have Microsoft host email for as many as 120,000 employees. The company will also manage the USDA’s software and networks, as part of the agreement. USDA employees currently use 21 different email [...]
Assistant secretary Baker said he can't let doctors store veterans' data on unsecured systems in the cloud. But Baker said he wants to figure out how to solve this problem because the ability to access data anywhere, anytime is necessary. VA shutdown facilities usage of common commercial cloud applications.
Former deputy CIO of Interior and VA Ed Meagher said his top story of the year is cloud computing.