Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: cloud computing
The Court of Federal Claims rules that Interior violated law and federal regulations in awarding a sole source contract to Microsoft for e-mail and collaboration services in the cloud. This the latest episode in an ongoing battle between the two software giants to provide cloud services to agencies.
Tags: contracting , industry , technology , Bernie Mazer , Susan Braden , Rhea Suh , Interior , GSA , USDA , Court of Federal Claims , GAO , Google , Microsoft , e-mail-as-a-service , bid protest , Jason Miller
Angel Santa, Deputy Chief Information Officer in the Department of Justice's Office of Justice Programs, is John Gilroy's guest on Federal Tech Talk.
January 4, 2011
Two major contributors to a task force on Defense Department IT acquisition said DoD's report to Congress on its plans for reform contains some good recommendations - but fails to identify how the department will overcome powerful cultural barriers to change. Experts said DoD failed to look outside the traditional Defense industrial complex for new ways to manage the IT lifecycle.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture now has a blooming relationship with Microsoft. Earlier this month, Microsoft and the USDA reached an agreement to have Microsoft host email for as many as 120,000 employees. The company will also manage the USDA’s software and networks, as part of the agreement. USDA employees currently use 21 different email [...]
Assistant secretary Baker said he can't let doctors store veterans' data on unsecured systems in the cloud. But Baker said he wants to figure out how to solve this problem because the ability to access data anywhere, anytime is necessary. VA shutdown facilities usage of common commercial cloud applications.
Former deputy CIO of Interior and VA Ed Meagher said his top story of the year is cloud computing.
Former EPA CIO Molly O'Neill highlights the top IT stories of this year in the DorobekINSIDER series, '2010 and Beyond.'
CSO Online lists the top five trends next year for cloud computing.
The White House is adopting a “cloud first” policy and plans to reconfigure IT by consolidating federal data centers and applications. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra recently unveiled the plan, which calls for creating a Data Center Consolidation Task Force and closing at least 800 of the federal government’s 2,100 data centers over the next five [...]
Google will soon be fighting for room on the cloud with rival Microsoft. Microsoft recently received Federal Information Security Management Act certification for cloud computing data centers — about five months after Google gained approval. “Meeting the requirements of FISMA is an important security requirement for U.S. Federal agencies,” Microsoft’s Senior Director of Risk and [...]