Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: cloud computing
This AFCEA Answers episode investigates current trends in cloud computing in government and industry. Hear what US Navy CIO Terry Halverson has to say about cloud computing in the US Navy.
Mary Davie, assistant commissioner for GSA's Integrated Technology Service and Mark Day, ITS assistant deputy commissioner, will talk about the agency's priorities for this year.
March 4, 2014
Tags: acquisition , technology , innovation , GSA , Integrated Technology Service , Mary Davie , Mark Day , NS2020 , GSA schedules , strategic sourcing , SmartBUY , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Off the Shelf
Agencies must use only cloud services that have been approved under the Federal Risk Authorization and Management Program (FedRAMP) by June. OMB will receive more details on agency progress with the latest quarterly update through PortfolioStat. Meanwhile, FedRAMP's security baseline will be revised this summer.
Randy Wood, federal vice president of F5 Networks will discuss how Software Defined Application Services or SDAS, can benefit your agency.
February 25, 2014
Annette Moore, the chief information officer at the Johnson Space Center, said she's reshaping her office to be more flexible and agile in meeting the IT needs of the mission areas.
February 20, 2014
Van Hitch, senior advisor for Deloitte's Federal Practice, and former Justice Department CIO, joins host Roger Waldron to talk about how cloud computing, mobile technology, and other IT advances can help your agency become more efficient.
February 4, 2014
Tags: acquisition , contracting , IT reform , Acquisition reform , Van Hitch , Deloitte Federal Government Services , Department of Justice , IT management , software as a service , mobile computing , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Off the Shelf
The Defense Information Systems Agency said it doesn't expect the demand to be as great as initially thought as it developed a contract worth $450 million.
The Postal Service will kick off its pilot to provide identity management services in the cloud in early 2014. The IRS and DHS also are pursuing complimentary initiatives to authorize and authenticate users.
After a Pentagon directive "with no escape clause" for all DoD components to migrate to a single email system, Navy and Marine Corps respond by studying the business case for doing so. Officials want to figure out the cost to move to the DISA-run service.
The annual policy legislation also doesn't merge the DoD CIO and deputy chief management officer.
Tags: Congress , technology , DoD , House Armed Services Committee , Senate Armed Services Committee , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , Darrell Issa , Jeanne Shaheen , CIO , deputy chief management officer , Defense Authorization Bill , heath IT , Jason Miller