Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: cloud computing
David Linthicum, author of "Cloud Computing and SOA Convergence in your Enterprise: A Step-by-Step Guide," joins host John Gilroy for a discussion on cloud migration.
March 8, 2011
Curt Kolcun, the vice president for Microsoft's Public Sector Business, says now more than ever agencies are looking to the cloud to save money.
Dell has acquired SecureWorks and IT veteran Tom Patterson to help with its cloud computing offerings.
March 1, 2011
Wired.com reports that the Defense Department is working on cloud computing for the battlefield.
Steve Kempf, Commissioner of the General Services Administration's Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), joins Off the Shelf for an update on some of FAS's key procurement initiatives and new leadership team.
February 22, 2011 (Encore presentation July 5, 2011)
The agency's Nebula platform is just one possibility in the process of incorporating public cloud initiatives across the board.
Guidance helps CIOs understand how to adopt and manage Internet-based services. Agencies that are considered early adopters are helping to find solutions to common challenges such as data and business process ownership.
The agency wants help from federal and industry partners to improve communications between the two. GSA said it has a large toolbox of resources agencies can build on to fit their specific missions. Vendors also should be on the lookout for several new contracts in the coming months.
Marlin Pohlman of the Cloud Security Alliance explains on the tool works.
GovInfoSecurity reports that Federal CIO Vivek Kundra is committing funds to cloud computing efforts in government.