Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: cloud computing
Author David Linthicum discusses cloud computing and the challenges that agencies and businesses face as they make the transition to the cloud.
April 1, 2014
As agencies strive to make legacy applications available on any device, NIST is providing help by developing metrics and focusing on portability.
Dave Gwyn and Chris Howard from Nutanix will discuss how their company can help you design and manage your agency's data centers.
March 25, 2014
Barry West, the chief information officer of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, outlined five strategic goals, including cybersecurity, cloud computing and mobility, in a new IT strategic plan.
Every week it seems as if federal chief technology officers and chief information officers gather to discuss the latest trends — cloud computing, virtualization, big data, and mobility to name a few. Each has transformed how agencies operate. VMware has been a major supplier of virtualization technology and now it's branching out. Federal Drive host Tom Temin spoke with Carl Eschenbach, VMware's chief operating officer, at a recent conference.
Angel Santa, the deputy CIO at the Office of Justice Programs, said an acquisition is possible in the coming months for a wireless network as part of an effort to make employees more mobile ready.
March 20, 2014
This AFCEA Answers episode investigates current trends in cloud computing in government and industry. Hear what US Navy CIO Terry Halverson has to say about cloud computing in the US Navy.
Mary Davie, assistant commissioner for GSA's Integrated Technology Service and Mark Day, ITS assistant deputy commissioner, will talk about the agency's priorities for this year.
March 4, 2014
Tags: acquisition , technology , innovation , GSA , Integrated Technology Service , Mary Davie , Mark Day , NS2020 , GSA schedules , strategic sourcing , SmartBUY , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Off the Shelf
Agencies must use only cloud services that have been approved under the Federal Risk Authorization and Management Program (FedRAMP) by June. OMB will receive more details on agency progress with the latest quarterly update through PortfolioStat. Meanwhile, FedRAMP's security baseline will be revised this summer.
Randy Wood, federal vice president of F5 Networks will discuss how Software Defined Application Services or SDAS, can benefit your agency.
February 25, 2014