Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: cloud computing
The Postal Service has some compliance issues with its cloud computing contracts.
Gino Magnifico, the chief information officer of the Army Contracting Command, said the move to a zero-client setup for its desktop computers and the development of lighter weight apps to be used anywhere in the world is a direct result of having a mature cloud infrastructure.
NASA CIO Larry Sweet has mandated enterprise services first for all commodity IT. Other agencies, such as GSA and Interior, are trying to find the right balance between giving field offices latitude and rigid IT requirements.
Chris LaPoint, vice president of Product Management for SolarWinds will discuss how his company can help your agency manage its information technology system.
August 26, 2014
Tags: technology , Chris LaPoint , SolarWinds , network management , cybersecurity , continuous monitoring , compliance , data center consolidation , Thwack , data analytics , Software Defined Networking , self service automation , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
The Defense Information Systems Agency, which serves as the broker between Defense Department components and commercial providers of cloud computing services, says the certification standards it set for commercial providers may be too arduous for vendors. DoD also launched five pilots to test the use of commercial cloud providers and is reassessing how it develops cloud requirements.
Terry Halvorsen, DoD's acting chief information officer, is planning to change the way the military uses and manages its network. The Joint Information Environment is driving many of the modernization efforts across DoD.
Bajinder Paul, the Federal Trade Commission CIO, said a new modernization roadmap will bring operational capabilities to employees, aggregate policies and major acquisition initiatives across the agency and, most importantly, create a path for innovation.
Chris Carlson, CEO of Retriever Consulting, discusses the benefits of a new aspect of virtualization called containers.
July 15, 2014
Anne Altman, general manager of Federal Government for IBM, will discuss a wide range of contracting topics with host Mark Amtower.
July 14, 2014
Susie Adams, the chief technology officer for Microsoft Federal, joins host John Gilroy to discuss some new offerings from Microsoft and what they mean for federal IT professionals.
July 8, 2014
Tags: technology , Microsoft , Microsoft Federal , Susie Adams , Windows Azure Government Cloud , Azure Machine Learning , hadoop , Nokia , Sata Nadella , MongoDB , open source , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk