Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: climate change
Rear Adm. David Titley, director of task force climate change, examines how changing climate impacts naval operations.
The new program, Decadal and Regional Climate Prediction Using Earth System Models or EaSM, will be used to form high-resolution models that will make it easier to identify specific areas of greater vulnerability to climate change over a shorter time frame. The National Science Foundation's Tim Killeen joins us with details.
Climate change is having implications for the Navy, according to a new assessment by the National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences.
The National Research Council says that a rise in sea levels of about three feet could jeopardize $100 billion worth of Navy installations.
The globe's temperature has been above average for 306 months.
Dr. Susan Solomon is with NOAA and works on global warming issues.