Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: claims processing
Tom Romeo, president of MAXIMUS Federal explains how the appeals process works when a healthcare claim is rejected.
September 3, 2013
Tags: technology , appeals process , Healthcare IT , Tom Romeo , MAXIMUS Federal Services , Department of Veterans Affairs , claims backlog , claims disputes , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , business process management
Joan Melanson of Long Term Care Partners answers calls and emails about the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program.
April 15, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , long term care , Long Term Care Partners , Long term care insurance program , Bob Leins , Tammy Flanagan , NITP , Joan Melanson , Open Season , informal care , For Your Benefit
Host Derrick Dortch hosts a roundtable discussion of veteran's issues, with representatives from the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
January 11, 2013(Encore presentation January 25, 2013)
Tags: workforce , veterans , VFW , disabled vets , veterans issues , Veterans hiring , veterans care , Congress , Joe Davis , Ryan Gallucci , Gerald Manar , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access , veteran employment , veteran issues , veterans with disabilities , veterans retirement benefits , Veterans of Foreign Wars , Department of Veterans Affairs
The agency will organize incoming claims into one of three categories based on the difficulty in solving them as part of an effort to increase efficiency. The Veterans Benefits Administration also is seeking other ways to reduce the number of backlogged cases such as new training for employees, said VA's Allison Hickey, the undersecretary for benefits.
Belinda Finn, the assistant inspector general for audits and evaluations at VA, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent IG report that found the Veterans Affairs Department's claims-processing system prone to fraud.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is implementing changes it says will help simplify and speed the process for veterans seeking compensation for disabilities related to their military service. The news comes as the Department is working to cut the large claims backlog it has accumulated.
The Department of Veterans Affairs, which processed a record one million claims in 2010, is still seeing claims come in faster than it can process them and expects even more new filings in 2011. Despite that, VA hopes to eliminate its backlog of claims by 2015.
Commissioner Astrue tells House committee that despite the recession, the agency still plans on reducing its disability claims backlog. SSA using a combination of technology, new employees and improved processes to continue on the path to eliminate its hearings backlog by 2013. State agency furloughs, however, are causing additional challenges with the log jam of claims.