Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: civil service reform
Senior Executives Association president Carol
Bonosaro will discuss civil service reform when
she joins host Mike Causey on today's show.
January 11, 2012
OPM is hoping to launch the Veterans Hiring Initiative next week. Director Berry also planning to kick-off an initiative to pair SESers with universities to bring on new workers. Berry says a formal proposal for long-term changes to civil service could be ready by next summer.
Host Mike Causey is joined by Federal Times editor Steve Watkins, and NARFE retired benefits director David Snell.
October 12, 2011
OPM Director John Berry has laid out a number of reforms for the civil service, particularly in terms of recruitment and selection, benefits for domestic partners, hiring veterans, and wellness initiatives. What role will MSPB play once these reforms are implemented?
John Palguta of the Partnership for Public Service offers OPM Director John Berry some ideas on how to tie pay, and even employment itself, to performance in the workplace.