Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: civil service reform
Senior Executives Association president Carol
Bonosaro will discuss civil service reform when
she joins host Mike Causey on today's show.
January 11, 2012
OPM is hoping to launch the Veterans Hiring Initiative next week. Director Berry also planning to kick-off an initiative to pair SESers with universities to bring on new workers. Berry says a formal proposal for long-term changes to civil service could be ready by next summer.
Host Mike Causey is joined by Federal Times editor Steve Watkins, and NARFE retired benefits director David Snell.
October 12, 2011
OPM Director John Berry has laid out a number of reforms for the civil service, particularly in terms of recruitment and selection, benefits for domestic partners, hiring veterans, and wellness initiatives. What role will MSPB play once these reforms are implemented?
John Palguta of the Partnership for Public Service offers OPM Director John Berry some ideas on how to tie pay, and even employment itself, to performance in the workplace.