Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: buyouts
The Air Force is planning to make payments to civilian employees to encourage them to leave the federal payroll, in addition to offers of early retirement. The service is trying to get to the level of civilian employment authorized under DoD's civilian hiring freeze, which mandates the department maintain its non-uniformed workforce at fiscal 2010 levels.
AMC is offering $25,000 dollars to more than 30 civilian employees at its headquarters in Redstone Arsenal in Alabama, Federal Times reports.
Bill Bransford is a partner at the law firm, Shaw, Bransford & Roth. He joins the Federal Drive with information on the legal rights of employees who may feel targeted to accept buyouts.
The Government Printing Office wants to reduce staffing by 15 percent, and is offering buyouts as a way of getting there. Eventually. CHCO William Harris says the process won't be complete until the end of the year.
More federal agencies are offering their employees money to quit. Federal News Radio spoke with certified financial planner Arthur Stein about the factors you should consider when thinking about a buyout.
The Government Printing Office has put in a request to Congress to offer up to $25,000 in lump-sum buyouts and early outs to its 2,200 employees in anticipation of reduced appropriations next year.
The Air Force Materiel Command will explore the possibility of buyouts to help reduce its workforce. The agency plans to survey its civilian workforce next week to see if there is enough interest in $25,000 buyouts.
Coming soon to a federal agency near you - buyouts. So do you fit the profile? Are you buyout bait or, asks Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, will you be the last person left to turn out the lights?
HHS and ATF are among the agencies preparing for a much lower budget in 2012 and beyond. Officials said short-term savings have been found, so now they must consider cuts to everything from real estate to personnel to non-critical functions.
Coming soon to a federal agency near you: buyouts. So do you fit the profile? Are you buyout bait or, asks Senior Correspondent Mike Causey, will you be the last person left to turn out the lights?