Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: buyouts
A list of federal agencies that considered or offered buyouts and early retirements in 2011.
Federal News Radio's Emily Kopp counts down the top federal workforce stories of 2011 and makes some predictions fo 2012.
The buyouts and early retirements apply to billing and collection jobs in 11 regional health care networks. They are part of VA's initiative to consolidate accounting activities.
IRS will offer buyouts to employees who do not deal directly with taxpayer services. It's possible that a second round of buyouts will be offered to a wider range of employees.
Making the decision to accept buyout money can change your life for good or bad. Financial and career experts told Federal News Radio the right answer depends on who you are and what you expect and need in life.
Would you take a buyout if the boss offered you one? You might want to decide now because if and when an offer comes, it won't be on the table very long, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
The three agencies have joined a growing number that are offering incentive payments for employees to leave the payroll. Federal News Radio provides a roundup of recent buyout offers.
Congress, the economy and the White House are all moving in a direction that is likely to create the perfect storm for widespread buyouts within the federal service, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Ever wonder whatever happened to all those buyouts that used to be available? Well, they are still out there but as Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says, they are a little hard to find.
On today's Federal Drive: The House fails to pass a continuing resolution, a Senate subcommittee approves a DHS hiring freeze and the Air Force is offering some 6,000 civilian buyouts.