Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: buyouts
Worried about another pay freeze next year? Thinking about retiring to get a cost of living adjustment? Timing is everything, and for some people its already too late, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
The IRS has offered another, more targeted round of buyouts. The agency, however, plans to grant buyouts and early-outs to a limited number of employees — about 270 out of the 1,600 who are eligible, according to a staff email received by Federal News Radio. An IRS email said the targeted nature of the buyouts is different from previous offers and includes specific areas not covered before. The latest round of early-outs is the third set of offers in as many months.
The lab has submitted a plan to the National Nuclear Security Administration and is waiting for approval to offer the buyouts.
They say that everybody's got a price, so what's yours? What would it take for Uncle Sam to convince you to retire? Because you may be facing that decision soon, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Federal Times Editor Steve Watkins, Senior Writer Sean Reilly,and NARFE Legislative Director Julie Tagen will discuss how government employees will be affected by proposed cuts to the federal budget.
February 15, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , Congress , budget battle , budget cuts , retirement , Federal Times , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , NARFE , Julie Tagen , supercommittee , House , Senate , Mike Causey , Your Turn
Experts have long predicted a federal retirement tsunami, and the steady uptick in retirement applications across 2011 appears to bear that out. Overall, 104,810 retirement applications were filed by federal employees in calendar-year 2011, according to numbers provided by OPM — a 24 percent increase over 2010 levels.
The Government Printing Office has announced more than 300 employees left the agency in the second half of 2011, mostly because of the buyouts and early retirements the agency offered last year. GPO's workforce is now stands at its lowest levels in a century, the agency said in a release.
What do younger federal workers have in common with the Javan Rhino, the Hawaiian Monk Seal and the Giant Chinese Salamander? All of them are on the rare or endangered species list, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But that may be about to change.
Tammy Flanagan, the senior benefits director for the National Institute of Transition Planning, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the pros and cons of taking a buyout.
TSA is offering targeted early retirements, but certain mission-critical employees cannot apply. NGA is offering 150 buyouts.