Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget cuts
The idea of retroactively cutting money that has been approved but not yet spent is one of several options under consideration. We get an update from The Hill's Ian Swanson.
Fifteen contract laboratory workers are being laid off at Fort Detrick because of budget cuts at the Department of Homeland Security, AP reports.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates was expected to spend the morning detailing for members of Congress his internal cost-cutting measures, which he said in August would save the department $100 billion over five years. Analysts said the effort was intended to preempt any budget cuts that Congress might force on the department.
Incoming House Speaker John Boehner says his party's goal is to give the government back to the people. But first, reminds the managing editor of The Hill, they'll need to figure out a way to fund it in 23 working days or less to avoid a shutdown.
Budget cuts and the cold weather are contributing to a growing problem in some parts of Arlington - the rodent population.
In a meeting with members of Congress and industry association leaders this week, DoD officials said proposed cuts to Defense contracting will only impact a small subset of the department's service contracting budget. DoD officials said they are looking at contracts that support staff augmentation and other similar support service contracts.
Tags: contracting , industry , DoD , Robert Gates , Bill Lynn , Gerry Connolly , Stan Soloway , Bobbie Kilberg , Professional Services Council , Northern Virginia Technology Council , Deltek Consulting , services contracts , Jared Serbu
Montgomery County schools need to make $19 million in budget cuts in the middle of this school year.
Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett says he needs $36 million in budget cuts right now. - in the middle of fiscal year 2011 - because he's staring down a budget gap of $300 million dollars for FY 2012.
Members of the Montgomery County Council Monday will consider removing police officers from schools as lawmakers scramble to save money in the middle of the fiscal year.
Due to the current budget crunch, basic maintenance will take a big hit in the county, says David Dise, Director of General Services for Montgomery County.