Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget cuts
Aileen Black, vice president for the Public Sector for VMware, answers your questions about virtualization.
September 20, 2011
Tags: technology , Aileen Black , VMware , Virtualization , vm world , information technology , data storage , data management , MeriTalk , data security , data loss , hardware security , fortune 100 , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Federal employee and management groups sent a letter to President Obama urging him to reject proposals to cut workforce benefits made by the Deficit Commission. The letter comes on the heels of a new bill to codify many of the commission's recommendations.
The White House today launched the 2011 version of the SAVE award. Employees can submit ideas starting through July 29. Over the past two years, feds offered more than 56,000 potential money-saving ideas.
HHS and ATF are among the agencies preparing for a much lower budget in 2012 and beyond. Officials said short-term savings have been found, so now they must consider cuts to everything from real estate to personnel to non-critical functions.
The Delaware Democratic senator wrote a letter to federal CIO Vivek Kundra asking for more details about which transparency websites will continue and which will go dark. Congress reduced the E-Government Fund by 76 percent in 2011forcing some near-term decisions.
Tags: technology , Tom Carper , Vivek Kundra , Darrell Issa , OMB , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , E-Government Fund , transparency , Jason Miller
George Washington University Professor Ernest Forman will explain the historical applications of decision science, and how it can be used today.
April 19, 2011
Agency officials say the House's proposed budget could mean furloughs and layoffs. Reduced funding also could slow the construction of SSA's new data center. Officials say the current computer center poses a high risk for outages that would impact critical operations.
Tags: management , technology , SSA , GSA , House Ways and Means Committee , furloughs , national computer center , AFGE , Patrick O'Carroll , Kelly Croft , David Foley , Witold Skwierczynski , Meg Beasley
Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) asked DoD officials to be audit ready in anticipation of budget cuts. GAO has not been able to form an auditable opinion of them in over a decade.
President Barack Obama is expected to submit his budget request for fiscal 2012 on Valentines Day. Already there's not much love lost between the parties. Republicans want to cut $55 billion from the budget. The president's new chief of staff is asking "where's the beef?"