Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget 2011
We learn just what the Congressional Budget Office is going through during the continuing budget battles on Capitol Hill from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities' Paul Van de Water.
The White House and Congress agreed to both a short-term deal and a longer-term one funding the government through 2011 and cutting more than $35 billion. OMB issued new guidance telling agencies to resume normal operations which means feds should report to work as usual.
$2 billion in cuts was passed in a temporary one-week continuing resolution to keep the government open. Find out what those cuts are.
President Obama expects to have an answer Friday morning about whether a shutdown can be averted. Meanwhile agencies have new guidance from OMB on how to prepare to close down their offices. Federal workers vent frustrations and ask questions during a town hall meeting sponsored by Rep. Jim Moran.
Tags: management , shutdown , Barack Obama , John Boehner , Harry Reid , Jim Moran , OPM , OMB , Congress , Dina Long , NTEU , Dan Adcock , NARFE , AFGE , SSA , DoT , FAA , Jason Miller , budget , furlough ,