Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
A decade's worth of catch-up coming in the Air Force.
Cash, drugs and science experiments are all part of VA's fiscal 2015 budget request.
Can science agencies bounce back from sequestration?
In the fiscal 2015 budget request to Congress, the White House detailed 15 cross-agency priority goals and almost 100 agency-specific goals. The goals and new strategic plans are laying the groundwork for agencies to continue to improve mission delivery and operations over the next two years.
Like many agencies, the Coast Guard continues to feel the effects of sequestration, reducing its operating costs by 25 percent last year. Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Bob Papp talks about where the agency was impacted most and how it worked through the challenges.
Spending for military bases takes a backseat in the Defense Department's 2015 budget.
Why capturing drug smugglers is becoming harder for the Coast Guard.
The Merit Systems Protection Board seeks additional resources in its fiscal 2015 budget request to improve staffing and IT infrastructure. The agency is working through more than 32,000 furlough appeals in addition to its regular workload and also expects a wave of administrative judge retirements.
In a new report provided to the House Budget Committee, the Government Accountability Office provides more details of just how agencies coped with the mandatory budget reductions under sequestration. Nearly every agency surveyed by GAO canceled or limited monetary performance awards for employees, reduced spending on both travel and training and curtailed hiring. A total of seven agencies furloughed employees.
Federal News Radio's DoD Reporter Jared Serbu offers news tidbits and buzz about the Defense Department.
Tags: Defense Department , Congress , Buck McKeon , Carl Levin , House Armed Service Committee , Senate Armed Service Committee , Martin Dempsey , Quadrennial Defense Review , Tim Kaine , MacKensie Eaglen , Jared Serbu , Inside the DoD Reporter