Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
IT consolidation and efficiency efforts within the Air Force are part of the service's contribution to Defense Secretary Robert Gates' efficiency initiative, Air Force Secretary Mike Donley said Wednesday. He expects to shave more than $1 billion from the service's IT expenses.
Defense News reports that the Army is ordering Boeing to cancel two programs that tested poorly.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates said last week that he wants to increase health insurance premiums for working-age military retirees by a "modest" amount to take pressure off of DoD's ballooning health care budget. Groups that represent retirees say Gates' past proposals for TRICARE hikes have been anything but modest.
Tags: DoD , pay and benefits , Congress , Robert Gates , TRICARE , Military Officers Association of America , The Retired Enlisted Association , CSIS , Cathy Beasley , Deirdre Holleman , Maren Leed , Jared Serbu
While each of the military services will have access to money freed up by Defense Secretary Robert's Gates efficiency initiative, they will not be able to use it all on new capabilities as he originally intended.
Evan Lesser, Founder and Director of ClearanceJobs.com, talks to host Derrick Dortch about the rise in the demand for cybersecurity professionals.
January 7, 2011 (Encore presentation, April 29, 2011)
Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Thursday that the Pentagon will reduce costs by raising health care premiums of working-age military retirees.
GAO's Michael Sullivans explains the recommendations for the Defense Department to improve oversight of its power source investments.
WFED's Jason Miller and Jared Serbu give details on stories they are working on.
Reuters reports that Defense Secretary Robert Gates is expected to brief Congress on Thursday about the budget cuts over the next five years.
The 112th Congress still must pass a budget beyond the current continuing resolution and House GOP make good on promises to rein in the deficit.