Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
Evan Lesser, director of ClearanceJobs.com and Dice Learning, discusses how potential impacts of defense spending cuts in obtaining and retaining skilled workers.
The Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says DHS needs the financial boost to will need to identify and reduce vulnerabilities in our nation's key cyber networks.
When there's an explosion in any of the more than 300,000 miles of gas pipeline throughout the country, the NTSB could be called to investigate. Chairman Deborah Hersman said she just doesn't have the manpower for that.
With shutdown threats coming and going and coming again, morale is down across the federal landscape. If a shutdown were to happen, furloughed feds couldn't even hide themselves in their work! We get details from Patent & Trademark's CFO, Tony Scardino.
Postmaster General Pat Donahoe said he's ready to announce more RIFs and without legislative help USPS will face insolvency this year. Sen. Susan Collins introduced a bill to help solve some of the challenges the Postal Services faces.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Susan Collins , Stephen Lynch , Pat Donahoe , Darrell Issa , Dennis Ross , USPS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , FERS , CSRS , Jason Miller
Chris Core, commentator
Dave Ross, commentator
WFED's Mike Causey says if there is a shutdown, it will be very different from the partial government shutdowns in 1995 and 1996.
Both political parties are making a "good faith effort" to avoid a shutdown, but agencies should still have a plan in place in case Congress cannot reach a compromise to fund government, said John Koskinen, the former deputy director for management at the Office of Management and Budget during the last partial government shutdowns in 1995 and 1996,