Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: budget
The President is expected to sign into law Friday the sweeping bipartisan tax package that includes a tax break for social security and a continuation of the public transit benefit.
Defense News reports that the Aerospace Industries Association says cuts to defense spending will hurt a major driver of the economy.
A Congressionally-mandated report issued by the Defense Department finds the acquisition and budget processes being used for IT were designed for major weapons systems - not 21st century computer systems. The recommendations would let DoD keep pace with rapid developments in the IT marketplace.
Questions about agency funding, pay freezes, and benefits are answered for feds as the end of the year approaches.
The bill aims to improve acquisition workforce training, increase accountability and expand the use of the Acquisition Workforce Training Fund.
Tim Embree, an Iraq veteran and a legislative associate of the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, explained the ramifications for vets if the defense spending act does not pass Congress.
DoD Buzz reports that the DoD budget in 2011 may be short $19 billion.
Effort to repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" doesn't make it past a vote for debate in the Senate, and with it stalls billions of dollars in spending.
A survey by HR professionals find more companies are holding holiday parties but the parties are scaled back.